I have left WMT in Belize and returned to my home in Tennessee for a few days to prepare to leave for another adventure to Africa. I've been thinking a lot if my time away from home has helped me grow at all. I think it has. Whenever a person leaves what he or she is comfortable with, I believe there is growth. Sometimes a person has a choice whether or not he or she wants that change and sometimes not: a death in the family, a lost job, or maybe the other way around...a new addition to the family or a new job.
In my case concerning my experience with WMT I feel I was sort of nudged into making the choice to join the group. Even though I was hesitant to join the trip, the conditions were right. So I left, and my thoughts and experiences changed from just my stable friends and family at home to scattered contacts with people I now care very much for around the Americas.
I think of Church in a very global way now and the need to support people within it, as well as those who are not a part of it. I think a lot about team work, communication, culture, and how I represent myself, my God, my church, and my group to the world. It's a huge responsibility I'm not sure I'm worthy of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment