The Alejandro Sanz Project

|
I've been attempting some translation for practice. I know that some of you went to Argentina so you might find it interesting to take a stab at bettering some of these translations. If anyone has any corrections or ideas, I'd love to hear from you.

"You Don't Have Soul" (Tu no tienes alma)

You don't have soul (or You are pitiless, you are heartless),
And I don't have the courage to watch you leave
As if nothing will happen.

You don't have the desire,
And I die to give you the strength that is needed
You don't have the right to tell us goodbye
And I don't have the right to tell you no,
If you don't have the desire, I don't have anything

Tell me if you have finally seen
That life ends
Look, don't make up things,
People pass by
Things pass by
They pass by so quickly

How do have the nerve to abandon the battle
And how do you have the gall (face?)
How can you leave yourself and look at us in the eyes
As if nothing will happen, nothing, nothing, nothing

I will continue inventing
Without stopping in the details;
Each day another motive to wait for dawn.
I will continue yelling, that not even the sky was sufficient,
To forget you. Give me a soul
That doesn't know anything of your hands.

You are pitiless,
You tiredly abandon yourself to a destiny that marks you.
You don't have a longer life than I have
And I don't have the key to close the pain,
If you are heartless, I don't have anything.

Tell me if you see somewhere an opening and you escape,
Look, don't make up things
People pass by,
Things pass by,
They pass by so rapidly.

I'm sick of hearing you say that life is very long.
Look, don't make things up
People pass by,
Things pass by,
They pass by so quickly.

"Tu no tienes alma"

Tú no tienes alma,
Y yo no tengo valor para ver como te marchas,
Como si no pasara nada.

Tú no tienes ganas,
Y yo me muero por darte las fuerzas que hagan falta.
Tú no tienes derecho a decirnos adios
Y yo no tengo el derecho a decirte que no,
Si no tienes ganas... yo no tengo nada

Dime si has visto por fin
Que una vida te basta,
Mira, no inventes,
Pasa la gente,
Pasan las cosas,
Pasan tan rapidamente.

Cómo tienes cara de abandonar la batalla,
Y cómo tienes cara, cómo puedes dejarte y mirarnos a los ojos
Como si no pasara nada, nada, nada

Seguiré inventando,
Sin pararme en los detalles;
Cada día otro motivo pa' esperar al alba.
Seguiré gritando, que ni el cielo fue bastante,
Pa' olvidarte dame un alma
Que no sepa nada de tus manos.

Tú no tienes alma,
Te abandonas cansada a un destino que te marca.
Tú no tienes la vida más tiempo que yo
Y yo no tengo la llave que cierra el dolor,
Si no tienes alma yo no tengo nada...

Dime si ves por ahí un espacio y te escapas,
Mira no inventes,
Pasa la gente,
Pasan las cosas,
Pasan tan rapidamente.

Harto de oirte decir que la vida es muy larga,
Mira no inventes,
Pasa la gente,
Pasan las cosas,
Pasan tan rapidamente.

"Todo es de color" (Everything is Colorful)

Everybody tells their woes
Asking for understanding
Those who tell of their happiness
Don’t understand those that suffer

God of the infinite spaces
You that has peace in Your hands
I supplicate that you pour it out
And teach them to love my brothers

Of what happens in the world
By God, I don’t understand anything
The thorn always screaming
And the flower always silent

I wish that the flower would yell
And that the thorn would be quiet
And all that is of my enemy
That he would be my brother

Let’s follow that path
To see what light we find
That light that is on earth
And that men put out

God of infinite spaces
You that has peace in your hands
Spill it out God, I entreat you
And teach them to love my brothers

And teach them the beauty of life
And to be comfort for all of the wounds

And to love all of the earth with white love
And to always look for peace, God
And to hate war

And in that garden have entered
Four men in competition
Without compassion they have taken
The rose that I loved
And then scorned her

And who can show me
That Christ wasn’t a gypsy
And that he didn’t know how to sing?

The flowers on your balcony
Cry to see you.
That is what I know.

"Todo es de color"

Todo el mundo cuenta sus penas
pidiendo la comprensión
quien cuenta sus alegrías
no comprende al que sufrió

Señor de los espacios infinitos
tu que tienes la paz entre las manos
derrámala Señor te lo suplico
y enséñales a amar a mis hermanos

De lo que pasa en el mundo
por Dios que no entiendo "na"
el cardo siempre gritando
y la flor siempre "callá"

Que grite la flor
y que se calle el cardo
y todo aquel que sea mi enemigo
que sea mi hermano

Vayamos por esa senda
a ver que luz encontramos
esa luz que esta en la tierra
y que los hombres apagamos

Señor de los espacios infinitos
tu que tienes la paz entre las manos
derrámala Señor te lo suplico
y enséñales a amar a mis hermanos

Y enséñales lo bello de la vida
y a ser consuelo en todas las heridas

y amar con blanco amor toda la tierra
y buscar siempre la paz, Señor
y odiar la guerra

Y en aquel jardín han "entrao"
cuatro hombres ha porfía
y sin compasión se han "llevao"
la rosa que yo quería
y luego la han "despreciao"

Y quien me puede demostrar
que Cristo no fue gitano
ni que sabía cantar

Las flores de tu balcon
lloran por verte
que lo se yo


"Corazon Partio" (Broken Heart)

You shiver for this broken heart
Shivering from cold
You shiver for this broken heart
For this heart

Already you see, that there is not two without three
That life comes and goes and that it doesn’t stop.
What do I know? Lie to me although it’s like that
Tell me something remains between the two of us
That in your room the sun never comes up
Neither does time exist, nor pain.

Take me if you want to get lost without a destination, without a reason.

I already know that a heart that doesn’t see is a heart that doesn’t feel or a heart that lies to you about love. But, you know that in the bottom of my soul continues that pain believing in you. What happened to the hope and the beauty that is to live?

Why did you cure me when I was hurt if today you leave me again with a broken heart?

Who will give me their emotions? Who will ask me to never abandon them? Who will cover me tonight if it’s cold? Who will cure my broken heart? Who will fill this January with springtime and bring down the moon so we can play? Tell me, if you leave, tell me, my heart, who will cure my broken heart?

So only that is excess for you
Never was to share, but rather for charity, love.
If you don’t know it, I’ll tell you.
After the storm, comes the calm
But I know that after you there is nothing.

Why did you cure me when I was hurt if today you leave me again with a broken heart?

Who will give me their emotions? Who will ask me to never abandon them? Who will cover me tonight if it’s cold? Who will cure my broken heart? Who will fill this January with springtime and bring down the moon so we can play? Tell me, if you leave, tell me, my heart, who will cure my broken heart?

"Corazón partío"

Tiritas pa este corazón partío.
Tiri-ti-tando de frío.
Tiritas pa este corazón partío,
pa este corazón.
Ya lo ves, que no hay dos sin tres,
que la vida va y viene y que no se detiene...
Y, qué sé yo,
pero miénteme aunque sea, dime que algo queda
entre nosotros dos, que en tu habitación
nunca sale el sol, ni existe el tiempo,
ni el dolor.
Llévame si quieres a perder,
a ningún destino, sin ningún por qué.
Ya lo sé, que corazón que no ve
es corazón que no siente,
o corazón que te miente amor.
Pero, sabes que en lo más profundo de mi alma
sigue aquel dolor por creer en ti
¿qué fue de la ilusión y de lo bello que es vivir?
Para qué me curaste cuando estaba herío
si hoy me dejas de nuevo con el corazón partío.
¿Quién me va a entregar sus emociones?
¿Quién me va a pedir que nunca le abandone?
¿Quién me tapará esta noche si hace frío?
¿Quién me va a curar el corazón partío?
¿Quién llenará de primaveras este enero,
y bajará la luna para que juguemos?
Dime, si tú te vas, dime cariño mío,
¿quién me va a curar el corazón partío?

Tan solamente aquello que te sobra,
nunca fue compartir sino dar limosna, amor.
Si no lo sabes tu, te lo digo yo.
Después de la tormenta siempre viene la calma,
pero sé que después de ti,
después de ti no hay nada.


"Amiga mia" (My Friend) (this translation needs some help for sure!)

My friend, I know that you only live for him, that he knows it too, but he doesn’t see you like I do. To supplicate to my mouth that says that has confessed between drinks that it’s with your skin with which it dreams at night and goes crazy with each button that you undo thinking of your hands. He hasn’t seen you tremble, hoping for a word, some gesture, a hug. He hasn’t seen you like I have breathing with small wide open eyes to listen to me say it. Oh my friend. I know it and he does too.

My friend, I don’t know what to say nor what to do to see you happy. I wish that I could send to the soul or freedom, that is what he is missing to fill your pockets of won wars, of renewed dreams and hopes. I want to give you poetry; you think I am spreading the news.

My friend, I hope some day listening to my song suddenly you understand that what I never wanted was to tell your story because it could be moving but, forgive me, it’s not intelligence, nor is it wisdom; it is my way to say things.

My friend, princess of a never-ending story.
My friend, I only pretend that you tell with me.
My friend, let’s see if one of these days I finally learn to talk
Without having to beat around the bush, that all of this story is important to me
Because you are my friend.

Amiga Mia

Amiga mia, lo se, solo vives por el,
Que lo sabe tambien, pero el no te ve
Como yo suplicarle a mi boca que diga
Que me ha confesado entre copas,
Que es con tu piel con quien suenia de noche
Y que enloquece con cada boton que
Te desabrochas pensando en en sus manos.
El no te ha visto temblar, esperando
Una palabra, algun gesto un abrazo.
El no te ve como yo suspirando,
Con los ojitos abiertos de par en par,
Escucharle nombrarle.
!ay amiga mia lo se y el tambien.
Amiga mia no se que decir
Ni que hacer para verte feliz
Ojala pudiera mandar
En el alma o en la libertad
Que es lo que a el le hace falta
Llenarte los bolsillos de guerras ganadas
De suenios e ilusiones renovadas
Yo quiero regalarte una poesia
Tu piensas que estoy dando las noticias.
Amiga mia, ojala algun dia escuchando mi cancion
De pronto, entiendas lo que nunca quise
Fue contar tu historia
Porque pudiera resultar conmovedora
Pero perdona amiga mia
No es la inteligencia ni la sabiduria
Esta es mi manera de decir las cosas
No es que sea mi trabajo es que es mi idioma.
Amiga mia princesa de un cuento infinito
Amiga mia, tan solo pretendo que cuentes conmigo
Amiga mia, a ver si uno de estos dias
Por fin aprendo a hablar
Sin tener que dar tantos rodeos
Que toda esta historia me importa
Porque eres mi amiga
Amiga mia lo se solo vives por el
Que lo sabe tambien pero el no te ve
Como yo, suplicarle a mi boca que diga
Que me ha confesado entre copas
Que es con tu pie
Con quien suea de noche...
Amiga mia, no se que decir
Ni que hacer para verte feliz
Ojala pudiera mandar en el alma
O en la libertad
Que es lo que a el le hace falta
Llenarte los bolsillos de guerras ganadas
De suenos e ilusiones renovadas
Yo quiero regalarte una poesia
Tu piensas que estoy dando las noticias
Amiga mia, princesa de un cuento infinito
Amiga mia, tan solo pretendo que cuentes conmigo
Amiga mia, a ver si uno de estos dias
Por fin aprendo a hablar
Sin tener que dar tantos rodeos
Que toda esta historia me importa
Porque eres mia amiga
Amiga mia...

0 comments: