To Write, Right?

|
I have not written a blog in a very long time. I think being inundated in a medical institution has made me a little write shy. I am always scared I've lost my groove. But I have decided to give no more excuses. I am forcing myself to write.

I feel like I'm not truly sucking out the marrow of life if I don't write, no matter how good or bad that writing may be. Scribbling down words forces me to contemplate and savor the life happening around me. It implores me to pay attention and remember not only the big events in my life, but the subtleties as well. Examples currently in my life:

Big event: I'm dating an amazing fella. As my friends know, that's a HUGE step for me. He is a testimony that God can provide in better ways than one could ever imagine…even if it takes awhile.
Small event: At this moment, Loma Linda is beautiful. That's right, beautiful. For the first time in my life I can peer out my window and observe ribbons of snow showers falling along the mountain peaks around me. It has also recently been raining, so the hills where I mountain bike are lathered in diminutive green grass akin to the hills of Edinburgh. And when the California sunshine bathes all of this, I can't help but be happy. It's the same feeling I get when the leaves are changing in the Southeast.

So, life has goodness about which should be written—in a big way just so we are aware of the goodness. There are also, of course, struggles: I'm still worried concerning things like my career choice and if I'll pass the year. But sometimes pondering that too helps one or others reading the ponderings make sense of it all. Hopefully I shall be vigilant of the incidents and opportunities worthy of writing, no matter how small or large they may be

0 comments: