Dreary Eyes

|
some recent thoughts:

I have been wrapped up in PT school for almost the last year and a half. Wow. I never thought I would be here; I never thought this is what I would do. In fact, I never really knew what PTs did until just a few years ago. And yet, while I hope from the deepest parts of my heart not to forget my previous passions, I do have a deeper appreciation for the current path upon which I've embarked. This is because movement is so intrinsically related to happiness. I so often become disgusted with the culture in which I live because we are so inactive...often myself included. I started to study Outdoor Education in hopes to show people that there is more to life than the television set. Perhaps this is not a normal goal for someone studying that field, but for me it was a huge draw.

Now I am studying PT, and the goal is still similar: I want people to LIVE their lives. Sometimes this inactiveness could come from impairments. Hopefully I will be able to help restore people so they can at least have the choice to move and do what things bring meaning to their lives.

2 comments:

catfishpie said...

hot damn lorelei, i didn't even know you had a blog!!! (i feel like i don't even KNOW you anymore!!!) i feel... suspicious. does this have anything with me being president of the last to know club

Unknown said...

To Make Man Whole...that's MY motto. Er...or did I steal that from somewhere?

I like what you have to say here. Movement is important, just ask Richard Simmons. It increases endorhpins which make us feel swell.

But when you think about it, PT isn't that much different from your other two majors: English & Spanish. Movement is also a language. The language of DANCE! Whoohoo!! So let's head on down to the Lindy Groove and write the latest and greatest American Novel!!