The first Friday Darren and I had free, I wanted to take a loop around the island. We didn't really know where to stop in order to see things, but we did our best. We found a Vietnam memorial site with a beautiful overlook of the Philippine Ocean.


And the ever present Latte stones lauded everywhere throughout Guam
We also found some tide pools and where a river meets the ocean. I remember a friend who had lived a year on Guam telling me about how cool this place was.
On Saturday we went to church and discovered that loads of young couples are here on Guam helping out in various capacities. It is such a huge blessing to have them here, and we hiked with a few of them to SHARK pit cove and to a near by fresh water pond. As I got out of the pond, I saw a leech crawling on a rock. Urg!






Darren had discovered some bolts on a wall the first day we were in Guam. This past Sunday we decided to try them out. We met the five climbers on the island who, along with a Philippine man, helped set the routes up about four months ago. They were super friendly and seemed happy for us to join them. We were stoked at how similar the rock was to Thailand and with the peaceful sound and scenery of the ocean right below us.





0 comments:
Post a Comment