KEW is Coo

|

Sadly Lara had to work the rest of the time we were in Taipei, but Aaron, Rika, Darren and I rented a van from her friend Red (the same guy that picked her up from the airport) and drove off to Taroko Gorge and Long Dong in the limited days we had.  The night after we explored Taipei, we drove to the outdoor school in the bush where they work.  The multi-million facility is so beautiful and well made.  My friends were able to help plan and design most everything.
The school's own bridge!
Darren and I trying out the low ropes course
Apparently this part of Taiwan is famous for its tea
After almost a day's worth of driving and many stops at 7Elevens ("They are better then the internet!"  You can do your banking, play the lottery, and get food all in this one facility.  They also give you a choice of toilet paper rolls or bottled water with every purchase of gas.) we arrived at Taroko Gorge.  We were so excited to eat yummy Taiwanese food (I wasn't impressed overall with the stuff we tried, but  this was quite good) and find free camping.  Darren also scored some free New Balance shoes that someone had left at the site.
We enjoyed the evening watching, believe it or not, episodes of Friends.  Darren and I had purchased a DVD in the Guam Airport.  They didn't have a lot of selection.

0 comments: