Revisiting Europe: England

|
Remembering from 2011:
England is expensive, but England is wonderful.  Especially in the summertime.  I remember coming here on our way to and from Kenya when I was in high school and sort of hating it.  I hated it because it was cold, and I was half asleep with jet lag.  This time, however, I was drunk on art, full of knowledge from all of my English major classes (including History of England which I had recently taken before my trip) and super stoked to solidify my knowledge with experiential education.  But, I did have to buy my food in odd places like the train station in order for it to be affordable.

Here I am with a fellow English major at the British Library.  Awesome!
The Tower of London, I believe, where wives were locked in rooms (and scribbled on the walls) or beheaded.  Not a good time to marry a king.
The British were so nice to let us harass them with photos
London bridge is falling down...J/K

The Globe!  Or at least the rebuilt Globe

I have to admit, our pre-Shakespearean meal was from the Starbucks lateral to the Globe.  I think the new Millennium Bridge is in the background.
English major nerds super stoked!  We loved the play.  I want to say that it was either "Measure for Measure" or "As You Like It."  Sad that I don't remember.
Apparently there were some famous actors, but I didn't know them.

Get ready for a storm of stereotypical British images!
Changing of the guard at Buckingham.  There were loads and loads of people.



Yes, we watched Harry Potter in the theatre district.  We had assigned seats.

I remember we went to the British museum afterwards and got evacuated early because of some fire drill or false alarm.  Grr.
Hammurabi in the British Museum, I believe


Paddington Station to get cheap food and take a picture with the bear
We decided to splurge once more and get some nosebleed seats for Phantom.  For a pound we were able to pop some binoculars out from the chair in front of us.

0 comments: