Close to Home

|
I still get frustrated that Darren and I don't live in the same town as any of our friends, but it does give us an excuse to go traveling to see the friends who are spread out all over the state.
This past weekend we chose to go to Denver which is really only an hour away.  We went to church at probably the best one I've been to so far in Colorado. We should go to it more often because, like I said, it is only an hour away.  And a small heap of people I know go there.  

Darren and I were itching for some outdoor and sun time, so after lunch we went hiking with our friends Brian, Brenden, and Chaco (the dog) near the Flatirons in Boulder.  We saw the Royal Arch (I didn't know there were any Royal Arches outside of Yosemite, but apparently there are!), and quickly tromped down the mud and snowy path before the sun went down.  

We drove back down to southern Denver and played our first ever game of Bunco with about twenty other people from the area.  Bunco is a very social game, which was super nice since we only knew four people there.  We didn't drive home until way after most everyone had left, but we were having too much fun chatting with peeps.

The next morning, we had a tasty brunch at my favorite restaurant in town with one of Darren's coworkers.  I had orange/almond French toast and non-powder hot chocolate.  Amazing.  Afterwards, although snow was pounding our town, I invested in some crampons (happy birthday to me!) and Darren and I went to ice climb at our local ice waterfall.  The temperature was in the single digits or less, but we stayed almost until dark anyways.  I was so proud of Darren because he safely did his first lead ice climb.


0 comments: