We had our first big snow while I was working, and I definitely freaked out driving home from work. When I got near our driveway a massive van was blocking the entire road. Numerous people were buzzing around it dumping sand and shoveling snow. I slid (literally slid) back down the road almost into traffic, so I called Darren who walked down the hill and drove my car for me another way home.
After my nerves were calmed, we put on our winter gear and ambled into town. Ferdinand the Fox was in the middle of town. I guess he felt safe in public with all that snow about him. Perhaps he channeled his primordial fox who could roam the open land without silly people getting in his way.
After my nerves were calmed, we put on our winter gear and ambled into town. Ferdinand the Fox was in the middle of town. I guess he felt safe in public with all that snow about him. Perhaps he channeled his primordial fox who could roam the open land without silly people getting in his way.
The next day was absolutely freezing, so we did the warmest outdoor activity we could think of: cross country skiing. I did stay quite warm and it was much more fun then I thought it would be.
Pizza!
The boys racing
Sunday I did my first ever ice climb. There were a lot of people in East Vail, but we still found a small spot to climb and lapped the route various times.
This guy lost his glove. We couldn't help but laugh.
My first route
Stephanie's awesomely warm and puffy belay jacket
We stopped on our way home at our favorite crepe place in Breckenridge. Joe and Stephanie had these people cater for their wedding reception a few years back and I think it was a brilliant idea.














0 comments:
Post a Comment