Stephanie, Olivia, and Darren and I decided we wanted to check out Crested Butte in the winter, so we all made the trek out from our various towns. Saturday Darren and I stopped at the Black Canyon for some climbing, while Stephanie and Olivia explored Crested Butte's cross-country skiing. Our climb was quite wet and snowy at the top, but thankfully we didn't take any big falls. The gals got a nice cabin hotel room in town, but Darren and I decided to slum it and just hang with them in their hot tub, then sleep in our car. We were awoken once by a worker who apparently worked on the land we were sleeping on. We apologized (we didn't know it was private land) and moved our vehicle 20 feet down the road.
Sunday we enjoyed the last open day of the season at the ski resort and gladly bought some hugely discounted passes from a random guy. The terrain was super mushy, so I'd like to return and see how it is without the spring conditions.









0 comments:
Post a Comment