Moab isn't as close as it used to be for Darren and I, but it is still awesome enough to merit an occasional visit. We met some friends from Fort Collins and somehow I convinced them we didn't need to do a super difficult trail (I'm still traumatized from Porcupine Rim). They were merciful and we did an extended version on Klondike Bluffs. MUCH more doable and enjoyable for me. Our first night we had stayed in a stinky field with tons of other people because there were tons of people in Moab. Fortunately we were able to find free camping further up the canyon and even had a little fire for roasting hot dogs and making s'mores. Sabbath afternoon nap
Just a titch squished moving our camping gear to our new campsite
A rattlesnake the boys spent forever playing with on our hike near our new campsite


On Sunday, Darren and I revisited our nemesis Castleton Peak. As you may recall, it shut us down last time we were here, but we wouldn't let that happen this time. We had sufficiently warm clothing this time, and we were ready to hit it! Like last time, it was super hot on the hike up, but extremely windy and cold at the actual climb.
We successfully climbed our way to the top!















1 comments:
eee! beautiful! aaaahhh!!! snake!
Post a Comment