Testing the Commute

|

We decided to commit to the house we checked out and had moved ninety percent of our earthly possessions into our new garage by the next morning.  By doing so, we had the rest of the next afternoon to explore a mountain bike trail and another hike with my friend Summer and a few of her friends and their husky dogs.  I find it amazing how close to town such an amazing number of tall mountains can be found.  We walked a perfect loop around Grass Lake that probably took an hour to two hours to circumnavigate.

With all this moving, biking, and hiking I was exhausted and was happy to spend the evening eating Mexican food and then watching the Warriors beat OKC while Summer practiced her acupuncture on my ears.  I was grateful for the rest, because the next morning I pedelled my PT skills around town and collected applications in the hopes that I may have gainful employment someday in California.    When I was finished, we drove the four hours to Darren's parents' house through wilderness, mountain passes, and tiny towns.  Never will we have to fight traffic on our way to visit them, which is kind of refreshing to know.

0 comments: