Although we were exhausted from packing and cleaning, we still managed to drive all the way to Glenwood Springs and collapse in a hotel. The next day was not any less tiring, and we ended up driving all the way to Bishop--a 14 hour plus day. The drive included what has been dubbed "The loneliest Highway." When I heard this, I imagined a flat expanse of desert. I was wrong. There were hardly any buildings or gas stations, but the scenery was resplendent with orange and purple windflowers below endless hills and mountains. It was beautiful, but I was so happy when we finally reached Bishop nestled amongst its 14,000 foot peaks.
Time to Move On, Time to Get Going
On Friday we began the long journey of packing up our house. When we had moved in six years ago, we only possessed a futon for a bed and bouldering pads for couches. Now we have at least six log furniture items, including a massive bed. Darren thought we could fit everything in our U-Haul in an hour or two, but, of course, it was a full morning. Then we scrubbed the walls, shelves, dusted, vacuumed. We were thourough, and it took us at least three hours to scour our 800 square foot home. I can only imagine how it will be if we ever move from a larger place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment