Captivating

|
For many people around my age relationships and careers seem to be the majority of thoughts that pass through one's mind. (I found it interesting that when I visited two of my best South American friends in Argentina last summer they were experiencing the same specific struggles I had been facing relating to these two subjects.). I know it has been the case for myself and aided most to faith breaking at some moments and faith building in others. Through it all somehow a flicker of hope remained (even if it was quite weak) and I thank God so much for that. Although I know there are many struggles to go--even thinking about some of the things I have to accomplish tires me out--I finally have peace.

My wish to whomever reading this is that you hold on to hope no matter if you are trying to figure out the purpose of your life or are dealing with a relationship issue. Don't fall into indulgences that make you forget your problems for awhile. They can end up becoming vices that leave you more vacant then when you began (the book I'm currently reading expounds on this). We've all heard this before, but it's true. I've personally experienced it. Only when I started genuinely seeking God and trying to "suck the marrow out of life" again did my issues seem resolvable.

0 comments: