I am feeling extremely disturbed by all the recent news stories about abused women. I feel depressed and aghast by all that is happening. I'm reminded how awful situations can become here on earth, and honestly I feel a little hopeless. Like many, I sporadically question how events like those in Austria and Texas are allowed to occur. Sin is the answer, but still I don't think I truly understand. It's tempting to despair.
And yet happiness is all around me. I know it in my own life, and I see it in the genuine smiles of those sitting in coffee shops, playing in the park, and even learning in class. I cannot help but be disgusted by what is going on. And maybe that is okay; I shouldn't be callous.
I've lived long enough and seen plenty enough to know that I'm going to encounter craziness in the future. I think in my current professional tract I'm going to see a lot of sad situations. Maybe all one can do is not be blind, nor so depressed by the crap that we do nothing. One has to be aware and helpful enough to aid others obtain a happier life…even in small ways. That is my aim for therapy. Only prayer will make that aim successful, because honestly sometimes this world makes me nauseous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment