Possabilities Triathalon
I'd been thinking about doing a short triathalon at my school for many months, but by the time it was about to happen I hadn't trained at all. The morning of the race I was living a two minute ride from the starting line, but hadn't signed up or made up my mind. Darren came over early with his bike and convinced me I should just go for it. I'm glad I did because I really had a lot of fun and surprisingly did decently for the amount of training (um...zero) I had done. And especially since I've ridden a road bike about three times in my life. Darren couldn't believe when I told him that I'd kept the bike in one gear the entire race!
I had also been worried about the swimming portion. Swimming is only interesting to me if it is racing your friends or splashing around during some pool game. Doing laps are only for zoning out, which I don't normally like to do, especially if all I have to look at is a concrete floor. Thankfully this tri's swimming portion was SUPER short and was more like water jogging because there were so many people, that it was all one could do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment