Bile Bacteria Bay and Magellan

|
Saturday night we were watching the olympics and playing games at a friend's house when Aaron suggested that we do a 5K on Sunday--meeting up at 5AM and then running at 6.  I was wishy washy about it due to the early call time, but Sunday morning Darren dragged me out of bed, dropped me at the starting line, and then he went back to sleep (he had to go to work at 8AM).  Aaron, me, and a heap of other runners ran down the Tumon strip and back.  Aaron and I were both shocked because he got second in his age category and I got first place in mine at 26 minutes and 12 seconds.  (We both got seventh place over all in the men and women categories.  All the 30 and 40 year old women kicked my bootwah).

After Darren got off work and I had a much needed nap, we went on our first solo shore dive at Bile Bay.  There was a sign at the entrance that said no swimming within 400 feet due to bacteria, but we fully ignored it.  Probably not too smart, but we had fun.

Umatac has been having cultural nights all month because March is the month when Magellan "discovered" Guam.  Really, can one "discover a place that already is inhabited?  I think not.


Umatac bay where historians have claimed that Magellan made his first landing on Guam

0 comments: