One more day

|

I believe we were supposed to leave for the U.S. on Tuesday , but after two hours of waiting in Ezeiza Airport we were told that our flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems. There is only one 9PMish flight a day to Atlanta, so the airlines was forced to put up my father, everyone else on our plane, and me in a hotel. For the second time of this trip I was living the high life. My dad and I had separate rooms each with huge cushy beds. We also got a multiple course meal for supper and breakfast. We ate the former even though it was around 11PM or later when we were in our hotels and ready to eat it.

Although it was cool to stay in a nice hotel, in my mind I was prepared to go home. Therefore it was sort of jolting when it did not happen. I eased the pain the next day by doing something I had been pondering the entire trip: getting an Argentine hair cut. I asked the receptionist of the swanky hotel what places she suggested. She gave me an array of choices known from doing really zany haircuts to semi-zany haircuts. I chose a semi-zany one called Cerini. The place was awesome! I have never been in such a high quality salon, nor one so inexpensive. I was going to just get my hair done but ended up getting a pedicure (Oh, the poor, poor nail lady. After traveling a month, climbing, etc. my nails were disgusting!) and my eyebrows waxed as well. In between I would go to my father who was sitting in the waiting area and ask him if it was okay if I took the time to do each thing. He said he was fascinated watching the hubub of the salon and told me to continue. Finally I got my hair done by one of the all male hair dressers in the place (weird, huh?), Tomas. I told him I wanted the typical Argentine haircut (a.k.a. "modern mullet"), but toned down. I was still scared, but he did a fantastic job. Yea for delayed planes!

0 comments: