Sunday, December 13:
Darren and I traveled to Victoria Gardens to indulge in Pink Berry and solve our "tie drama." We ended up buying three ties from Jo S. Bank and argyle socks and a coat for Darren from Express Men.
We then met with Amy, our new and improved reception planner! She is SOOO good and such a relief to have help us. She knew I had to study so we just nailed down basics for everything.
Soon after she left we went to Christina's surprise farewell party. Sadly we exited before we could participate in the move-the-oreo-off-your-forehead game. Darren and I had to go back to his house so I could practice most of the Neurology skills I have learned in the last three years.
Monday, December 14:
During the morning Cassie and I, along with our other classmates, presented our neurology power points. After lunch, I reviewed neurology tests than had my practical at 4PM. Thankfully I randomly chose the easiest category (Bed Mobility) and didn't have to freak out too much during the experience. I next went over to Darren's house and mixed Monday Night Football with more neurology. Traumatic brain injuries were in my notes and on the screen (Wow, what an amazing game! Go 49ers!!! What were there, something like 7 turnovers? Awesome.). I had tried to focus on studying throughout the day, but had to still answer a bazillion emails and work on an affiliation for March.
Tuesday, December 15:
I woke up early and got to Stell before 8AM to study my butwah off. I pretty much stayed put until 1:45PM in order to get to my test by 2PM. I took a bit over an hour to finish the 128 question test not really knowing if I had passed or not. I couldn't ponder too long, because I knew it was time to start really cracking on wedding stuff. I answered emails, called people, and then went with Darren, my sisters, and mom to the lady who is making the dresses' place. Mandy got fitted, we picked something up at the mall for my mom, and then took a spell to eat at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Back at home, I stayed up WAY too late putting together our reception slideshows. My sisters were asking why I was doing it and not someone else. Well, honestly I LOVE creating things like that. Unfortunately I got addicted and couldn't stop editing.
Wednesday, December 16:
Today I skipped my first class and continued to work on the slideshow, take a shower (it had been awhile), than clear out my apartment (AKA "the hobbit hole"). Olivia picked Darren, Lisa, and me up to go to Surfer Joe's and enjoy our last Hang Ten sandwiches for a good while. I then cleaned out more of my place and went to class. Thankfully we got out quite quickly so I could go get vaccinations for my next affiliation. Darren then made me some supper while we finished other random wedding details, emails, and phone calls. Later we met with Amy again and spent hours going over everything for the reception. Apparently I don't have too much else to worry about except picking out flowers. Yay! Darren and I watched some well deserved SYTYCD ("So You Think You Can Dance") to wind down.
Tomorrow I have another class and quiz. Then Darren and I are going to look for a camera, I hope to get a pedicure, and I have a bachelorette party. Friends are coming in, so I can't wait for the fun!
Friday I'm going early to pick out flowers with my dad and aunt, travel to the chapel with Darren for our rehearsal, finish cleaning my place, and then finally enjoy our rehearsal dinner.
Saturday Darren gets baptized, we have potluck, and then the gals and I are heading to our wedding site to stay the night.
Sunday--we have the wedding!

0 comments:
Post a Comment