Wedding Sabbath

|
A bit ago we found out that Darren had to be baptized in order for us to go work in Guam. At first I was a little miffed that this would be a requirement, but as Darren and I thought about it we realized that our wedding weekend would be a fabulous time for him have the ceremony. He had told me that there wasn't really a good reason why he hadn't been baptized before, he just hasn't lived in one place more than a couple years and therefore hasn't had a home church. So with lots of both of our families and friends in town, Darren was able to celebrate with more people than he would have in probably any other opportunity. Thankfully, he did know a pastor in the SoCal area well who would do weekly worships at his work place and who was willing to baptize him.


We felt the love from friends that came to the baptism.
After the church service we ate potluck with Darren's family and a few friends, then joined my family just up the hill in Oak Glen for some of the area's famous apple turnovers.

I'm not sure why, but we all got infected with the gangsta lean


After packing up everything for the wedding, I drove up with my bridesmaids and Summer to Rancho Palos Verdes through the worst LA traffic I've experienced. When we finally arrived in the house we were staying at for the night, we chatted, watched some funny videos, and went out to stab numerous sushi rolls.
Weddings really are fabulous because many of the people that have made the biggest impact in one's life all come together. My gals had never all met each other, but being with all of them just felt like normal awesomeness that I have when I hang out with them individually.



0 comments: