Around 1:30AM I was roused by the sound of the door tappings of Mike, Susy, Kat, and Robert. I was so happy they made it safely, but then quickly crashed again.
We ate our sandwiches in the hostel patio, and then were taken to the coast to go paragliding!! It was so awesome. My ¨driver¨ Michael asked if I like roller coasters and then we bounded all over the air above the Pacific Ocean, rocks and buildings of Miraflores. I also got some great shots of the Love Park. After my flight I speedwalked to the Brazillian Embassy, successfully obtained my visa, and returned to explore the Love Park a bit more.
The rest of the afternoon we unfortunately spent in the bank changing traveler´s checks and in a travel agency getting tickets to Iquitos and Cuzco. We only had a short time until our flight to Iquitos, so we got a quick greasy supper and took off to the airport.
Then perhaps God intervened. In the airport Susie recognized a man from a mission video she randomly had seen with her roommate about a month ago. She went up to him, and not remembering his name, asked if he worked with orphans. He indeed was Paul from the video. We ended up talking to him for a long time and decided to stay with him and his mission in Iquitos after Jonathon met us at our hostel we had already booked for the first night in the town.

0 comments:
Post a Comment